Jury finds Springboro man guilty in shaken baby case | News
LEBANON, OH (FOX19)-
A Warren County jury found a Springboro man guilty on Thursday for shaking a 2-year-old.
Jason Milby, 30 was found guilty of felonious assault and child endangering after police say he severely injured his girlfriend's 2-year-old son in July of 2011.
Authorities say Milby caused the boy traumatic brain injuries. Medical examiners in the case said the evidence proved the toddler was shaken to death.
As a result, the boy will be in a vegetative state for the rest of his life.
The Warren County Prosecutor's Office decided to retry the case after a mistrial in June of 2012.
Judge Robert Peeler merged the two charges, both 2nd degree felonies, and gave Milby the maximum sentence of eight years in prison.
Copyright 2013 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Warren County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rolling Thunder sendoff held at Yellow Ribbon Support Center
- Pierce Township man promoted to Metro’s Director of Transit Operations
- Police investigate gunshot near Union Twp. school
- Click It or Ticket in Clermont County
- Emergency Preparedness Exercise in Miami Township May 22 - This event is ONLY AN EXERCISE
- Season of After-Hours on the Square summer concerts begin Thursday
- Free hearing screenings given at UC Health in West Chester
- Super-sized CPR class offered and Stork Awards presented in West Chester
- Adena Elementary principal accepting job in Mariemont
- UC Helth Center in West Chester celebrates grand opening