Deputies find hungry, sick horse in Warren Co. | News
WARREN COUNTY, OH (FOX19)- A Lebanon man is arrested on animal cruelty charges.
Deputies received some information that there was a sick and malnourished horse on a parcel of land in Turtlecreek Township.
After getting a search warrant, deputies and a veterinarian went to the 1500 block of Oregonia Road to investigate.
Once they arrived, Big Red, a 20-year-old horse, was seized and taken to another farm for treatment.
Big Red's owner, Christopher Branham, claimed the horse's age made it difficult to keep weight on him.
Deputies say Branham was arrested and charged with animal cruelty.
He posted bond and will appear in court on March 29.
Copyright 2012 WXIX. All rights reserved.
Top Warren County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police pursuit in Batavia ends in accident
- Advance Auto Parts opening new store in Eastgate
- Fallen Heroes Memorial groundbreaking held in Clermont Co.
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for the Clermont County Fallen Heroes Memorial - 5/14 at 10am
- Free & Secure Community Shred Day in Clermont County - May 18 from 9-12